What Easter means to me.
- A fresh start.
- A clean start.
- Forgiven pasts.
- True Love that lasts.
- A Holy embrace.
- A face to Face.
- Man’s peace restored forevermore.
- Love far and wide for me, His bride.
- The Saviour Divine,
- Forever mine.
- No longer blind, now Christ I see.
- That’s what Easter means to me.
Jennifer Walker 16.03.2013
Photos of a baptism and Mothering Sunday taken by Bert Newman.
For Reflection: God designed me. Created me. Blesses me. Heals me. Defends me. Forgives me. Love me. GodFruits.com
To live by choice,not by chance;
To make changes,not excuses;
To be motivated,not manipulated;
To be useful, not used;
To excel, not compete.
I choose self-esteem,not self pity.
I choose to listen to my inner voice,not the random opinions of others.
For Reflection: I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the Land of the living. Psalm 27:13
For Reflection: Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. Psalm 62.5
Indicators towards spiritual growth.
- Not expecting special consideration from anyone.
- Accepting criticism gratefully, being honestly glad for an opportunity to improve.
- Feelings are not easily hurt.
- Controlling ones temper. Responding rather than re-acting.
- Meeting emergencies with calm and control.
- Accepting responsibility for own acts without trying to blame.
- Not worrying unduly about things beyond ones control.
- Being honestly glad at the success and good fortune of others, outgrowing envy and jealousy
- Being open-minded enough to listen thoughtfully to the opinions of others, and being respectful when giving your own opinion.
- Not being a chronic fault finder, in yourself or others.
For Reflection: Don’t put people down……Put them on your prayer list. Last Day Christians
A presentation, on Christian Characteristics, was given during the Joint Service on Sunday, 31st Jan. A copy can be found here.
For Reflection: Go 24 hours without complaining (not even once). Then watch how your life begins to change.